Monday, May 30, 2011

The Hate Groups You Love To Hate.

What's funnier than these two sociopathic groups in today's
modern world of pro-tolerance?  How about the KKK calling
the Westboro Baptist Church a bunch of lunatics?

Today was a beautiful day for most of the country, and not just in terms of the weather.  Memorial Day is a time to observe the courage of our soldiers both past and present; a time to reflect on what they have done and given up so that the rest of us can feel safe.


Traditionally, Memorial Day is also a day in which we get together with our families and have the first big barbecue of the Summer.  Oh, I should be more specific here.  Those of us who aren't shunned from the rest of society because of our bat-shit insane views get together with our family.  The rest of us get together with our "clan"/"cult" and ruin the majesty of such a day with our pessimistic attitudes and hemorrhoid-like personalities.  


Today, President Obama led the nation's observance of Memorial Day, as all presidents do, at the Tomb of the Unknowns in the Arlington Cemetery (I know that sounds like some quest objective in a fantasy land, but that is in fact what it's called).  But of course, the Westboro Baptist Church showed up in their van, bringing with them their characteristic depressing signs and their dark, hovering cloud of hate.  If you don't know who the WBC is, I suggest you crawl out of your box and search the internet for "modern day tumors of society". 






 This is the church that has been protesting soldiers funerals with the "God Hates Fags" signs.  Yes, you read that right.  They protest heterosexual soldiers funerals because they are anti-gay.  I don't know their logic but, then again, I don't think they do either.  If anything, it's all about publicity, and protesting the funeral of a soldier is enough to get any group into a spotlight.  They've said that 9/11 and the ensuing war(s) is God's punishment against us for allowing homosexuals to "run free" in this country.  I'd like to know what their definition of "free" is because, as of 2011, most states still won't recognize (unfortunately) a gay marriage.  The way I see it, if you're questioning homosexuality, then you're questioning nature, and if you're calling nature wrong, you're calling God wrong as He's the guy that came up with the whole system.  Then again, I have a brain, and as a result of that evolutionary miracle, I can draw such complex thoughts together.  I don't think anyone in the WBC can.


Some people really aren't cut out to be parents.
Can someone tell me how this isn't a form of child abuse?


Anyway, let's get back on track.  So we have the WBC protesting the Memorial Day observance at the Arlington Cemetery (there's three of them, by the way), ruining the beautiful day with their word vomit, and the counter-protestors showing up because, hey, why the hell not?


Just when people thought it couldn't get any more inappropriate, out marches ten members of the Knights of the Southern Cross a.k.a. the KKK a.k.a. guys who have nothing better to do with their time. Had I been there, I think my mind would have been racing.  Were they there to protest our black president?  Were they there to throw their lot in with the WBC?  


The KKK: Recognized for their fashion sense and ability
to be on the losing side of every racist war since their founding.




I don't think anything would have prepared me for the moment that the KKK set up shop across from the WBC and started counter-protesting the protestors.  Later, the "Imperial Wizard" (who I assume is a level 20 sorcerer with the fabled Hood of Whiteness) would tell reporters that their sole purpose in being there was, in fact, to denounce the WBC.  


The Imperial Wizard of the KKK defends his
Southern village from Jews, Black people, Catholics, and their
demonic allies from certain destruction.




Here is where, if I were a member of the brainwashed WBC, I would be asking myself, "How low have we sunk if the KKK, one of the world's most vicious hate groups, is calling us despicable?"  To be honest, I don't care what the answer is, because this whole situation is fucking hilarious.  


My conundrum is this:  Holy shit, I agree with the KKK on something: the WBC are lunatics.  Then again, so is the KKK.  It's almost like Ted Bundy calling Jeffery Dahmer mentally unstable.  I'm not sure if he ever did and, to be honest, I don't care enough to find out with a quick internet search.  What I do know can be boiled down to three basic things:

1) The WBC is a group of psychotic, hateful white people.

2) The KKK is a group of psychotic, hateful white people.

3) Psychotic, hateful white people have a strange issue with learning tolerance, and watching them turn on each other is nothing short of comedic gold.

No comments: