Saturday, November 27, 2010

Crazy Person of 2010!

Congratulations!  You've had a complete mental
break from reality!  

Actor Michael Brea- yes, the Michael Brea of Step Up 3D and Ugly Betty fame (lolz)- is officially the craziest person of 2010.  I know I said I'd only do one post a day, but I couldn't hold off on this one any longer without it becoming old news.  

Between the night of the 22nd and the early morning of the 23rd, something in this actor's head disconnected itself from the real world and plugged itself in to the magical realm of fantasy land.  He confronted his 55 year old mother in the apartment they shared together and then held her hostage with a sword.  I've heard that it was a samurai sword, and I've heard that it was a ceremonial Freemason sword.  Take your pick.


Why did he do this?  Because God told him that she was being possessed by a demon.  God then told him to hack his mother into pieces- slowly at first (obviously she has to have time to make things right with Him).  In an interview with a newspaper from the confines of his psychiatric ward, Brea had this to say:

"She had the voice of the demon," Brea said. "I asked, 'Do you believe in God?' She said, 'No, Michael no,' and began screaming. I began slashing her like this," he said, making violent hacking motions with his right hand. 

He added: "I didn't want to kill her right away. I wanted to give her time to get right with God," he said. 

The police arrived, but Brea says he knew he had time to finish the job. "I knew they wouldn't open the door and stop me because the spirits were protecting me," he said. "I just kept cutting her. No one could stop me. I was doing the work of God." 
-Daily News article

A CNN article also claimed that neighbors heard the mother screaming, and that Brea was shouting Biblical passages while he filleted her.  Honestly, I don't think I need to say much more than that.  This is probably the only time in my life I will ever hear something this disturbing (aside from the Grey Hound Bus incident a few years ago, where the psycho stabbed the man he was sitting next to 44 times for no reason).   

It's unfortunate, really, that people like this throw God's name around when they murder.  There is an infinitesimally small chance that God would speak to anybody (in a theist's mind, anyway- it's an impossibility from my point of view), and if he did, I strongly doubt it would be to tell someone to slaughter the very person that brought them into this world.  So either Brea is a complete psychopath, unfit for society, or he had an issue with his mother and is trying to get out of it with religion.  No matter which one you pick, he still deserves to be locked up for a long time.     

I wonder if one of those Biblical Passages revolved around the Ten Commandments.  Which one was that again?  Thou shalt not kill?  Hm.

No comments: