Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rush Limbaugh: Founder Of The "He-Man Woman Haters" Club.

"I am a gray-haired, cigar smoking, talking rectum."

Allow me to start this post by getting the obvious facts out of the way:

1.) Rush Limbaugh, pictured above, is an asshole.
2.) Rush Limbaugh, picture above, is not a man that dwells reality. 
3.) Rush Limbaugh, pictured above, was recently named the least liked news personality by a whopping 46% of those surveyed.  I have an issue with this, but only because calling him a "news personality" insinuates that he actually tells people factual, unbiased news-worthy information.  He does not (see #1-2 above).

Okay, now that that's done, there really isn't much more to say.  If you have a brain, you're aware of how subhuman Rush Limbaugh is, as listening to him is toxic.  He is full of hatred.  And I'm not going to make this about political parties or ideologies because it really isn't about that.  It's about how disgustingly racist, sexist, and ignorant this idiot is. 

Case in point, the Daytona 500 race was last Sunday, and Danica Patrick (pictured below) said that she supported President Obama's contraception plan.  I know little about Nascar (except that I dislike it - it's about as fun as watching paint dry), but I do know that Patrick is a popular female driver.


Here's what Rush had to say about her opinion:

"She was talking, Danica Patrick was talking about Obama’s contraception ruling. She was not speaking in general though it applies generally… She said, 'I leave it up to the government to make good decisions for America.' … What do you expect from a woman driver? I don’t know why everybody was so shocked."

What does that even mean?!  Honestly, I can't even bring myself down to that level of thinking, even if I'm trying to decipher the ramblings of an insane man.  It's clearly insulting, though.  Every woman in this country that has a driver's license drives.  Essentially, Rush isn't just attacking Patrick, he's attacking all women.  And besides, Danica Patrick's career, let alone her ability to drive, has nothing to do with her opinion on the government or on contraception!

His comments aren't exactly shocking, however.  Limbaugh is known for his superhuman ability to turn words and ideas into tangible excrement.  ThinkProgress compiled a lovely sample for your viewing pleasure.  

1.) “Behind” The Women’s Movement: “Oh, I’m a huge supporter of women. What I’m not a supporter of is liberalism. Feminism is what I oppose, and feminism has led women astray. I love women. I don’t know where all this got started. I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it.”

---My Take: First of all, liberalism and feminism are not the same thing, nor do you need to be one to be the other.  Second of all, isn't the feminist movement responsible for a lot of the equal gender rights that we now have?  Not to mention the fact that, without the working woman, there's a pretty good chance we wouldn't have done so well in World War II.  They were, after all, the ones making everything.  I also love how he is wondering how this criticism of himself got started, only to then follow up said question with a picture perfect reason said criticism.

2.) Women Vote “Emotional”: “I’m starting to think here that conservative women are just like liberal women in that they’re inclined to vote on superficial and emotional things first. I never thought that was the case with conservative women!

---My Take: I don't know, Rush, I vote with emotion.  Example, "I hate this candidate because he's an ignorant buffoon.  I'll be sad if he wins.  Therefore, I'm happy to vote for this other candidate."  Voting isn't something that machines are meant to do.  Rational, thinking people have emotions for a fucking reason.  Besides, I'd say a lot of the people that recently voted in the "least favorite news person" poll had a lot of emotion behind putting you at the number one spot.  Idiot.

3.) On The “Ass-ets” Of A Sports Reporter: “She knows she has ass-ets. … Boob-alicious, booty-licious, whatever you want to call it, she’s got it.”

---My Take:  I'm not going to go there on this one.  Suffice it to say that you are too old and hateful to be using those words.  And that pun?  Lame.

4.) Hillary Supporters “Paid Their Dues”: “You have to understand the mindset of a lot of these feminists and women…These women have paid their dues. They’ve been married two or three times; they’ve had two or three abortions; they’ve done everything that feminism asked them to do.”


---My Take: This is a disgusting and exaggerated assumption on Rush's part.  And where, in the feminist train of thought, does it say that you have to have be divorced "two or three times" with "two or three abortions"?  Hint: No where.  This is, hands down, the quote I hate the most on this list.

5.) Women’s Lives Are Easier: “The life expectancy of men is drawing closer to that of women. Women still live longer than men because their lives are easier. This is — this is according to government statistics released yesterday.”

---My Take: I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one and assume that the government statistic that he is referring to is about the life expectancy issue.  I highly doubt the government has a statistic on which sex's lives are easier.  By the way, Rush, you have it backwards.  Just ask my mother, who raised two kids all by herself because my father and my sister's father were deadbeat assholes that couldn't handle being full-time dads.  She is, unfortunately, not the only woman to go through such a hardship.  How often do you hear about single fathers raising one or more kids?  I'm not saying they don't exist, just that the scenario is far less likely.  Okay, time to reel it in. One last item on this subject, though.  I find it fucking hilarious that the man who makes his money by talking into a microphone day in and day out is claiming to have a harder life than women.  What a pompous asshole.

6.) The “Feminazi” Agenda Against Boys: “You know, the feminazis forgot one thing. Well, one of the objectives of the feminazis over the last 20, 25 years has been to dominate the public education system so as to remove the competitive nature of boys. … This is part of feminazi grand plan.”  


---My Take: Rush Limbaugh and fellow talking heads on the right throw around the word "nazi" a lot these days, without taking any consideration into what the accusation actually means.  Here's the deal, guys.  Only nazis are like nazis.  Feminists are not responsible for the deaths of millions of Europeans,  nor is President Obama, or any other liberal in government or on television.  Let's strike that "insult" from our vernacular, shall we?  Most of the people that actually were nazis are dead.  Also, I think feminists have more to worry about than removing the competitive nature of boys.  Like contraception rights and equal wages. 

----------


Rush Limbaugh is garbage, plain and simple.


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iam a middle class registered conservative living in New York. I disdain the thought of abortion, believing life begins at conception. Like, a bud left alone, becomes a flower. I ALSO STRONGLY BELIEVE IN CONTRACEPTION. You have children when you marry & in a comfortable financial situation. And if "Mr. Wonderful" turns out to be "Mr. Shithead": LEAVE. Don't keep procreating with the fool. Now, what does all this have to do with RUSH. He's out of touch with reality! Maybe too many pain-killers. Him married? Like to know about the lady & her past. Hard to believe she completed 8th grade. The reason I know about RUSH is that my husband will sometimes be listening & I'll hear these outrageous woman-hating comments. My NYPD lieutenant husband now listens more intently & realizes he does woman-bash. Only a matter of time we'll switch to station WOR-710 completely. Does anyone know about RUSH'S early childhood, young adult life to make him such a hateful,really insecure, woman-hating man? Would live to hear from you. A NEW YORK REGISTERED CONSERVATIVE

james labar said...

There are many people on the left who say things that are just as hurtful if not worse.I sometimes listen to rush and I watch liberal news show. The guy Bill on HBO! He has insulted me many times. because of my faith yet he is held up like a hero!Still I think rush croseed the line a bit.But a 30 year old student should pay for her own birth control.Man..Go to planned parenthood if you need it!

A Sane Break said...

James-
Let's not forget that Bill Maher is a comedian first. I'll admit that he does say things that can be hurtful to those with different view points, but nothing nearly as bad as the things Rush has been saying (particularly this last week!).
As for the student, Fluke was testifying on behalf of her friend who needed Birth Control for other medical reasons not related to contraception. To call her a slut, and then demand that she videotape herself having sex in return for contraception is outrageous and insulting not only to her, but to all women.
Not attacking you, James - just a friendly response!

A Sane Break said...

NY Conservative -
I am not knowledgeable on the subject of Rush's childhood, but I have always been curious myself. He's been a radio personality for a long time, and he hasn't really changed since the beginning of his career.
I am willing to bet that, assuming he's not protective of his past, there is a book or an online article that would give more information on the subject.
Also, I am very thankful that you are speaking out against him. Too often do liberals incorrectly assume that all conservatives like to listen to Rush Limbaugh (which obviously isn't true).