Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Challenge Rick Santorum To A Debate.

 I want this copy and pasted and spread to the four corners of the internet.  Much like the high school sophomore from New Jersey, Amy Meyers, challenged Michele Bachmann to a debate on United States history, I am hereby issuing a similar challenge to Rick Santorum.  Here we go. 
 ----------

Dear Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum,

     My name is Shaun Robinson.  I am a college student in central Maine, studying to be a high school English teacher.  Due to your status as one of the last four candidates seeking the GOP nomination, your voice, opinions, and knowledge of American history are heard not just by fellow Americans, but by people around the world.  And as your opinions become increasingly venemous, so too does the world's opinion of us.  This is not okay.  We are not all like you, nor do we all think like you.

     Your lack of historical knowledge is fine - it's your problem.  But your penchant for spreading it as if it's truth is not.  It is ignorant.  It is appalling.  It is insulting.  And because you have made no effort to learn the truth, you have shown that you are far too close-minded to be the President of the United States of America.

     Mr. Santorum, your inability to present basic historical, scientific, and even religious facts - facts that middle school students learn - has led me to submit the following challenge, pitting my twenty-two years of life experience against your fifty-three years and your college education:

     I, Shaun Robinson, do hereby challenge presidential candidate Rick Santorum to a public debate on Modern Science, American History, and World Religion.  

     I hope to see you soon here in Maine for our debate.  

Sincerely,
     Shaun Robinson 

 ----------

As I said, please spread this all over the internet.  Contact the media if you know how, and get in touch with me via email at asanebreak@gmail.com with any questions you might have.  I really do hope that, unlike Representative Bachmann, Mr. Santorum accepts this challenge.

No comments: