Monday, May 19, 2014

Share The Sanity!



Good evening, all! I just wanted to take a second to encourage you all to share my articles on whatever social networking site you use the most, be it Facebook, Twitter, or by writing my articles down by hand and sending them through the post to your Luddite cousin.

This is particularly important for me now more than ever, as I want to get back into writing daily as well as professionally. That's right. As soon as I have the money saved up, I will be returning to college for journalism. And no, I am not encouraging you to share because I see any money out of it - I totally don't. As you may have noticed, this blog is ad-free, and ad-free it shall remain.

My motivation for the career change is simple: I've been writing this blog for more than 2 and a half years, and one of the most consistent things that has pissed me off is that reporters and journalists are no longer holding our politicians accountable for the stupid, ignorant shit that they say. I'd very much like to change that.

You'd like an example? How about when Representative Grimm threatened to throw New York One reporter Michael Scotto off of a balcony for (half) asking the incumbent a question that he didn't want to answer on television? If I had been that reporter, I wouldn't have backed down. I would have told Grimm to fucking do it. "Do it, motherfucker. Throw me off this balcony in front of all of these cameras and all of these people. Show the country how much of a man you are. Show the world that you're the best we have to offer when it comes to representation."

Expect that kind of reporting if I ever make it to the big leagues.  

So please, share the sanity, leave some comments* below and, as always, you can personally email me at asanebreak@gmail.com.

Do it.

Do it for me?








You're the best.







*I'll be posting again about this later, but just as a reminder: anonymous comments will not be posted, even if they are friendly and supportive. I know I have some older anonymous comments floating around here (I was a bit lax with the policy in my early days) but please, don't follow by example. Read the text above the comment box, and either use a handle you are comfortable with or, at the very least, just make one up. If you don't have the stones to stand behind your opinion, then why take the time to write it at all?

No comments: