Monday, May 7, 2012

iMovie Update.

Hola, ladies and gentlemen!

I just wanted to drop a quick post for those of you that check in with me on a regular basis.  The world (especially the U.S.)  is falling deeper and deeper into its pit of insanity, and I am extremely overwhelmed.  It's not that I can't do this alone - I can because I'm fucking awesome.  It's just that I have a lot going on elsewhere.

No, I'm not going to stop writing.  That will continue.  I just have to write this down tonight so that I can hold myself to it: tomorrow evening I will hopefully be posting my first video to the site and to a new YouTube account that I will be linking to the blog.  I say hopefully because I'm not sure how long the editing process will take.  It'll be up by Wednesday night at the latest, that I know for sure.  Hold me to that, readers!

There is just too large of a gap for me to compensate for in terms of humor in text and humor in general.  People that come to this site off the fly might not pick up on my sarcasm.  They might not think jokes would be funnier if they could hear tone, inflection, etc.

These videos will not be cinema quality, but I'm going to spend many hours tonight fiddling with iMovie in hopes of bringing something fresh to the site.  A real kick to Blogger's virile(?) testes. 

 Wish me luck!

UPDATE
As expected, iMovie is a complete and utter pain in the ass.  I'm extremely obsessive about getting everything in this video done correctly - so much so that I've recorded several hours worth of video and deleted, well... several hours worth of video.

That being said, it's good practice and I'm learning (albeit slowly).  I will try my absolute best to have something up by later this afternoon.  

I'm sure you're all holding your breath.